How to Submit to Knowledge Core
ERDC researchers and staff may submit digital content to Knowledge Core. To read more about the type of content appropriate for Knowledge Core, see Knowledge Core Content Collection Policy.
Uploading to Knowledge Core does not equate to an ERDC document being submitted for editing or officially published nor should uploading to Knowledge Core be used to circumvent the publishing process. The Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) publishing requirement originates in Department of Defense Instruction DoDI 3200.12, DoD Scientific and Technical Information Program (STIP) (August 2013). ERDC implements DoD and Army STIP publishing policies in Center Regulation 25-30-1, ERDC Technical Publishing and Printing, and the ERDC Author's Guide. For questions, please contact email@example.com.
Before your first submission
Before submitting material to Knowledge Core for the first time, there are two, one-time only steps required:
- Contact the library staff at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask that they create an account for you.
- Contact the library staff at email@example.com and get approved to submit by sending library staff the name of the Collection or Collections to which you want to submit.
After you are registered and approved to submit
At any point during the process, you may cancel the submission, or save what you have entered and return to it later.
- Login to your Knowledge Core account.
- Select "Start a New Submission."
- Select the Collection to which you want to submit your work. The list will contain those Collections you have approval to submit to.
- Read and agree to the Knowledge Core Deposit Policy.
- Fill in the forms. The more complete your description, the more likely that others will find your work quickly.
- Upload your file and provide a short file description.
- Verify your file upload and add additional files if necessary.
- Verify your submission. Please review the content description and file. Click "Next" to complete the submission.
After you submit
You should receive an e-mail message explaining how to access and refer to your submission. If your submission requires approval, then you will get your confirmation e-mail message after the submission is approved.