Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title:||Architectural and landscape survey of Camp Guernsey, Wyoming|
|Authors:||Smith, Adam D.|
Tooker, Megan W.
Adams, Sunny E.
|Keywords:||Wyoming--Army National Guard|
National Register of Historic Places (NRHP)
Cultural resources management
Camp Guernsey (Wyo.)
|Publisher:||Construction Engineering Research Laboratory (U.S.)|
Engineer Research and Development Center (U.S.)
|Abstract:||Abstract: This document is an architectural survey of 107 cantonment buildings and structures at Camp Guernsey, Wyoming, constructed from 1939 through 2015 and utilized by the Wyoming Army National Guard (WYARNG). This report determined there is one historic district at Camp Guernsey that is generally bounded by Portugee Phillips Road (east), Sublette Avenue (south), Fremont Avenue (west), and Custer Avenue (north). The district contains 78 buildings, with 25 recommended as contributing to the historic district for their association with the establishment of Camp Guernsey during the Works Progress Administration (WPA) and World War II (WWII), and 53 buildings determined noncontributing. This survey satisfies Section 110 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 as amended, and it was used to recommend the eligibility of the Camp Guernsey Historic District for nomination to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP). Camp Guernsey Historic District is recommended significant at the state level under NRHP Criterion A for association with the WPA and WYARNG. The other 29 buildings surveyed were located outside the historic district and determined not eligible because they were not related to the historic context or to WWII, could not be linked to another historic context, or have not reached 50 years of age.|
|Appears in Collections:||Technical Report|