Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title:||Drainage systems and engineering measurement devices, St. Johns Bayou Floodgate, Missouri. Appendix B, Pumping tests and inspection of wells, 1965|
|Authors:||United States. Mississippi River Commission.|
Trahan, Charles Curtis.
St. John Bayou, Missouri
|Publisher:||U.S. Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station|
Engineer Research and Development Center (U.S.)
Preface: This is an appendix to one of a series of reports of foundation and soil mechanics features of recently completed structures in the U. S. Army Engineer Division, Lower Mississippi Valley, Corps of Engineers. These studies are being conducted for the Engineering Division of the Mississippi River Commission (MRC), Corps of Engineers, by the U. S. Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station (WES). The St. Johns Bayou Floodgate was designed by the MRC, except for the drainage and relief well systems which were designed by the WES, The structure was built under the supervision of the U. S. Army Engineer District, Memphis, with construction started in July 1949 and completed in April 1953. A description of the structure, pertinent construction data, and initial data from engineering measurement devices through June 1955 are contained in the basic report, WES Technical Memorandum 3-425. Analyses of settlement and piezometric data obtained from 1955 to 1963, analyses of data from pumping tests performed in March and July 1957, and descriptions of remedial measures required for the drainage system in the intake area and the installation of new wells and piezometers are contained in Appendix A published in November 1964. This report (Appendix B) contains a description and results of pumping tests made on 12 relief wells in the intake area and a description of current (1965) conditions of these wells. Pumping tests were conducted by WES personnel under the supervision of Mr. T. B. Goode, Chief, Inspection and Exploration Section, Soils Division, WES. This report was prepared by Mr. C. C. Trahan of the Engineering Studies Section under the general supervision of Messrs. W. J. Turnbull, A. A, Maxwell, J. R. Compton, and W. C. Sherman, Soils Division, WES. Director of the WES during the preparation of the report was Col. J. R. Oswalt, Jr., CE. Technical Director was Mr. J. B. Tiffany.
|Appears in Collections:||Documents|
Files in This Item:
|WES-Technical-Memorandum-No.3-425-Appendix-B.pdf||763.01 kB||Adobe PDF|